Public Works Divisions:
Public Works facilities
The salt and sand for icy roads is stored in this facility.
The Public Works complex was extensively redeveloped in 2002. On the corner of 98th and James Avenue, the facility is the main headquarters for a staff of 178 full-time people. Public Works Administration and the Engineering, Maintenance and Utilities Divisions share 18,000 square feet of office space. More than $16 million of Public Works' equipment is housed in 71,000 square feet of vehicle storage. While continuing to use the old garages built in 1953, a 2,100 square-foot repair garage was also constructed.